Wednesday, 27 April 2016
Ingredients for 3 pers:
1/2 shallot - finely chopped
2 tablespoons of finely chopped celery
250 gr arborio rice
200 ml of dry white wine
about 1 l of vegetable stock
1 bunch of thin asparagus - about 350 gr
parmesan - as much as you want
the juice from half a lemon
parsley & mint - chopped
salt & pepper
1. First, wash and trim the asparagus. Keep the woody parts and add them to the boiling vegetable stock, it will add a subtle, fresh flavor.
2. Add a splash of olive oil, then the shallot and the celery to a big pan and gently fry them for about 1 or 2 minutes, while stirring. Next, the rice - fry it for about 2 minutes - untill it gets translucent.
3. Deglaze the pan with the white wine and wait untill it is absorbed.
4. Start adding the soup, in small increments to the rice (about 100 ml at a time) and most importantly - stir.
5. After 15 minutes or so, taste and see if the rice is done. It should be al dente. Turn of the gas, add some more liquid (it will be absorbed), add the lemon juice and put a lid on and wait for another 3-5 minutes while you chop the herbs and shave the parmesan. No butter or cream is needed - maybe a dash of some good olive oil while you plate it.