- 3 bananas
- 125 g full fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 100 g dried cranberries
- 3 eggs
- 80 ml light olive oil
- 110 g brown sugar
- 270 g flour
- 50 g coconut flakes
- 70 g walnuts
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- a pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 160 C.
2. With a fork, mash the bananas an then mix in the yogurt, the baking soda and the cranberries. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, beat the eggs, add the sugar and the oil, slowly mixing through.
4. In a third bowl, sift the flour and then stir in the coconut, walnuts, baking powder and the salt.
5. Line a loaf tin with parchment paper or grease it with some oil.
6. The final step : mix all the wet ingredients together ( the first two bowls ) and the pour everything into the flour bowl. With a rubber spatula, fold in the batter by scraping the sides of the bowl. Because it`s a quick bread batter, it is very important not to over mix it. It should result a quite lumpy and thick batter.
7. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake it for about 45-50 minutes. As soon as a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake, comes out clean, it`s ready. You don`t want a dry cake.
The end result it`s a delicious moist cake, not too sweet and a little tangy from the cranberries.