Monday, 12 March 2012
Lamb steak with peas, feta and garlic mint sauce
400 g lamb steaks
salt, paprika, pepper
100 ml rose wine
for the peas:
300 g peas ( fresh or frozen )
75 gr crumbled feta
fresh lime juice
for the mint sauce:
half a garlic clove
4 sprigs of fresh mint
half a teaspoon of brown sugar
extra virgin olive oil
How it`s done?
1. Boil the peas for about 7 minutes if frozen.
2. Brown the seasoned lamb steaks ( rub them with the salt, paprika and pepper) in a pan with some cooking olive oil. Set the heat to a high level to obtain the nice brown. It should take 2 minutes for each side. Next, deglaze with the rose wine, making sure you scrape all the goodness from the pan. After 3 minutes take out the steaks and let the wine reduce.
3. Meanwhile prepare the mint sauce. With the help of a pestle, a mortar and a hungy boyfriend, crush the garlic, sugar and mint and pour from time to time some olive oil.
4. When they are ready, drain the peas and tip them in a bowl. Add the feta cheese and the lime juice and toss them.
5. At last, take the lamb steaks back in to the pan and make sure the glaze is covering all sides.
Enjoy it with a glass of rose cabernet sauvignon and good company. :)